Gleaming eyes, beaming smiles, a spark in the walk, and happiness in their talk…
These kids are an example of both courage and perfection! When talking about the differently abled kids, there instinctually arises a feeling of awe and compassion. Ever wondered what can you do for them? Well, here it is. You can do a lot by just treating them equally!
ConveGenius is overwhelmed to be a part of the project that aims to digitise education for kids with special needs, in three schools in Haryana. There has been a lot of skepticism about the use of technology by the differently abled kids. The foremost responsibility for educators who teach the specially abled kids is to ensure the right medium for imparting knowledge. Instead of calculating the extent to which these children can learn, it is crucial to gauge whether or not the child is intrigued by what he/she’s doing. CG Slate Tab-Labs aim to make learning a play-like activity!
The advent of technology in the schools isn’t new but for schools with specially-abled kids, this is a great opportunity for the school to help kids define their learning trajectory in a self-pacing way. Along with this, it is also important for the school to understand the benefits of technology:
- Audio-visuals strengthen the capacity to learn and rekindle interest to engage them better.
- Technological devices stimulate the brain in ways that children start reacting in a different way, this is because they do not take this as a task but as a recreational activity since it involves the use of a gadget.
- Engagement on the tablet would not only improve their academic performance but also their non-academic performances influenced by a positive behavioral change.
- Tablets won’t race ahead of the child but would aid to their needs in multiple ways since the child is not restricted to learn through one particular form. Content distribution in the tablet is done in the form of videos, read aloud books, engaging games and quizzes.
- Even small rewards that are presented within the tablet act as a motivation for kids. Hence, games, videos, interactive books, and enjoyable worksheets give them a nudge to outperform their teacher’s expectations and their own too.
“The various modules present inside this tablet are loved by the kids, especially because specially-abled children can learn according to their own individual pace and interest. CG Slate is not only a companion that aids in child’s learning but also a teaching companion for the teachers.” – Rajeev Ranjan, Commissioner, Hisar Division at the inauguration ceremony of CG Tab-Labs in three Haryana schools
Technology is a great avenue to bridge the opportunity gap between the abled and the differently abled kids. Education is a tool that can empower these kids and rekindle hope in their hearts. We are glad to be a part of this initiative taken by the Haryana Government.